Ishpeming - Negaunee - NICE Community Schools (INN CS)
INN CS provides robust business and finance classes, both at the micro and macro levels of business education. With an emphasis on both technical and employability skills, students who enroll in these classes will be well prepared for the rigors of similar college programs and careers in business.
The business class features business simulations and real-world applications and covers everything from business basics and being a savvy consumer to the development of actual entrepreneurial business plans. Students are exposed to everything from basic word processing, Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps to advanced web design, interactive graphics and media production.
Business and finance courses should be part of the curriculum for every high school student, helping young adults manage their own financial affairs and make intelligent consumer and business-related choices in the global marketplace.
This class is typically available to students in grades 10-12.
High School Credit
College credit(s) possible (CLEP Test required)
- Students have the potential of earning college credits by achieving satisfactory scores on the College Level Examination Program exam (CLEP)
- Each college reserves the right to set its own credit-granting policy
- Contact your college(s) to find out the score it requires to grant credit, the number of credit hours granted, and the course(s) that can be bypassed with a satisfactory score
National College Credit Recommendation (Test required)
- Students have the potential of earning college credits by scoring 70% or better on the National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) assessment for General Management
- Test is administered in the classroom during mid-spring semester to students at the end of their Finance and/or Business programs
- Over 1,500 colleges and universities accept NOCTI credit recommendations
Industry-recognized Certification (Test required)
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access Certification testing in high school classroom via Certiport.com* - currently available at no cost to the student
*Credentials are nationally recognized, portable and stackable, which means students have the option of attaining more advanced credentials in the future
- Potentially earn college credit for Microsoft Office Certifications
What to do next?
Instructors: Ellen Flack