Ishpeming - Negaunee - NICE Community Schools (INN CS)
INN CS provides robust finance and business classes, both at the micro and macro levels of business education. With the programs’ emphasis on both technical and employability skills, students who enroll in these classes will be well prepared for the rigors of similar college programs and careers in financial management services.
Financial programs range from personal finance and money management to corporate accounting with an emphasis on the use of the technology and computerized accounting to analyze financial data. Courses expose students to everything from basic word processing, Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps to advanced web design, interactive graphics and media production.
Finance, business and information technology courses should be part of the curriculum for every high school student, helping young adults manage their own financial affairs and make intelligent consumer and business-related choices in the global marketplace.
This class is typically available to students in grades 10-12.
High School Credit
College credit(s) possible (CLEP Test required)
- Students have the potential of earning college credits by achieving satisfactory scores on the College Level Examination Program exam (CLEP)
- Each college reserves the right to set its own credit-granting policy
- Contact your college(s) to find out the score it requires to grant credit, the number of credit hours granted, and the course(s) that can be bypassed with a satisfactory score
National College Credit Recommendation (Test required)
- Students have the potential of earning college credits by scoring 70% or better on the National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) assessment for Advanced Accounting
- Test is administered in the classroom during mid-spring semester to students at the end of their Finance and/or Business programs
- Over 1,500 colleges and universities accept NOCTI credit recommendations
Industry-recognized Certification (Test required)
- Microsoft Office Specialist - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access certification
- Testing in high school classroom via Certiport.com* - currently available at no cost to the student
*Credentials are nationally recognized, portable and stackable, which means students have the option of attaining more advanced credentials in the future
- Potentially earn college credit for Microsoft Office Certifications
What to do next?
Instructors: Ellen Flack