Prepared for immediate employment, advanced certifications, and further education
This course goes through the anatomy and physiology of organ systems. Dissections are a requirement for this class. Dissections may include: cat, rat, deer heart, sheep’s brain and eyes. This is a rigorous course.
- This class is typically available to students in grades 10 - 12
- Prerequisites: “B-“ or higher in Biology
- Although not required, prior or concurrent enrollment in Anatomy & Physiology (Diagnostic Services) is recommended for the Health Occupations Program (Hosa - Future Health Professionals)
How to Get Started
High School Credit
Students should inquire within their guidance office about high school curriculum requirements that may be satisfied through a CTE class, as this is determined individually by school district.
College credit(s) possible
- Students can earn 1 college credit from NMU
- Students must earn a grade of 90% or better and be recommended by the instructor
- Each college reserves the right to set its own credit-granting policy
- Contact your college(s) to find out the score it requires to grant credit, the number of credit hours granted, and the course(s) that can be bypassed with a satisfactory score
NMU course satisfied:
CLS 109 - Intro to Diagnostic Sciences - NMU Credits Granted 1
CTE Skill Certificate Program (Test required)