Prepared for immediate employment, advanced certifications, and further education
This Marketing class is the foundational course for all pathways in Marketing Education. Marketing addresses all the ways in which marketing satisfies consumer and business needs for products and services. Students will:
- Develop an understanding of marketing functions
- Understand how marketing functions affect all businesses
- Learn basic marketing concepts
- Learn the role of marketing in our economy
Develop skills in applying economic concepts to:
- Distribution and logistics
- Marketing information management
- Finance in marketing
- Product/service planning
- Pricing mixes
- Promotional strategies
- Personal selling
This class is typically available to students in grades 10 - 12.
Item 1 of 3
High School Credit
Students should inquire within their guidance office about high school curriculum requirements that may be satisfied through a CTE class, as this is determined individually by school district.
College credit(s) possible (CLEP Test required)
- Students have the potential of earning college credits by achieving satisfactory scores on the College Level Examination Program exam (CLEP)
- Each college reserves the right to set its own credit-granting policy
- Contact your college(s) to find out the score it requires to grant credit, the number of credit hours granted, and the course(s) that can be bypassed with a satisfactory score
Marketing is a new class at MSHS and certifications may be available in the future.
Wake U.P. Coffee Shop
Wake U.P. is a student-run coffee shop that is open to all students and staff of the high school!
What to do next?
Instructors: Christine Columb