Students are prepared to enter college and the workforce as a skilled CAD technician. Students will graduate with advanced CAD skills by training on the most current CAD software. Students complete 2D and 3D projects with an emphasis on constructing what you design using advanced and specialized computer-aided drafting skills.
This class uses the most popular 3D CAD options, Autodesk’s AutoCad and Inventor, and Solidworks.
This class is typically available to students in grades 9 -12.
High School Credit
College credit(s) possible
- Students can earn up to 4 college credits from NMU
- Students must earn a grade of 90% or better and be recommended by the instructor
- Each college reserves the right to set its own credit-granting policy
- Contact your college(s) to find out the score it requires to grant credit, the number of credit hours granted, and the course(s) that can be bypassed with a satisfactory score
NMU course satisfied:
DD 100 - Technical Drafting/Intro to CADD - NMU Credits Granted 4
National College Credit Recommendation (Test required)
- Students have the potential of earning college credits by scoring 70% or better on the National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) assessment for Architectural Drafting
- Test is administered in the classroom during mid-spring semester
- Over 1,500 colleges and universities accept NOCTI credit recommendations
- 10-hour OSHA General Industry Safety Certificate*
*Credentials are nationally recognized, portable and stackable, which means students have the option of attaining more advanced credentials in the future.
Negaunee HS CAD Bridge Building Dynasty!
Back to back to back to back to back............ national titles in model bridge building!
What to do next?
Instructors: Kevin Bell, Kyle Bell